Beautiful Stationery Beautiful Life
A Quick Guide to Journaling
Journaling is something many of us want to try but for tons of different reasons we put off picking up a pen and notepad and getting down to business. Well, this quick guide to journaling will help you to navigate the world of journaling and hopefully see the positive impacts it can have on your daily life. Journaling is a fantastic way to plan for the future, track habits, work on your mental health and well-being, or simply stay organized. In this blog, we’ll be focusing on working towards your goals using beautiful stationery to support you in creating a beautiful life.
Journaling has long since been proven to aid in the achievement of goals. There are many different reasons for this. I won’t bore you with all the details, so here are the three main reasons journaling makes a difference.
- Journaling helps you to clarify your goals.
- It acts as a reminder of what you are working towards and what you need to do to get there.
- The goal is in front of you in black and white, there’s no way to wriggle out of it.
The first step is buying a journal and choosing some beautiful stationery. Finding stationery that you love and want to write with helps you to stay motivated. Stationery stores online are great ways to get hold of the prettiest stationery, fancy pens, and chic desk accessories. I’m a fan of this journal, Etsy Journal, as it complements my rose gold accessories. Particularly the beautiful Love Pen Set from Mesmos.
Once you’ve stocked up on beautiful stationery, you’re ready to get going. Here is your no-frills approach to using journaling to achieve your goals.
- Keep them simple and achievable. It’s awesome to dream big, but it will likely take you a while to tick that goal off your list, so start smaller and work your way up.
- Choose something that is right for you, not for anybody else. Your journal is all about you. You’re allowed to focus on your own life and be a little selfish.
- If your goal is big – break it down into steps you need to take to get there.
- Use your journal to reflect on your goals and your journey. You don’t stop using your journal the second you make a goal. Go back and revise and revisit.
- Consider the ‘why’. Why do you want to achieve this goal? This helps you to stay motivated and putting one foot in front of the other.
Your journal can be used in whatever way suits you. There are no right and wrong ways to use a journal. Beware of looking for inspiration online, you’ll see people with the most magical journals, and that’s all well and good, but the main thing you should be asking yourself is ‘are they effective?’. It’s far better to have a mundane-looking journal that works, than one with all the bells and whistles that doesn’t. Journal for you. Not for the praise of others. You’ve got this.